Wednesday newsletters at all times function a lodge or flight evaluate.
I not too long ago loved an AMAZING vacation within the Maldives. You may learn my journey experiences right here:
Right now: Emirates Boeing 777-300ER new Enterprise Class Brussels to Dubai
On February 23 2022, I flew Enterprise Class with Emirates in a Boeing 777-300ER from Brussels (BRU) to Dubai (DXB). Flying the Emirates Boeing 777-300ER is a vastly totally different expertise as in comparison with the airways’ flagship Airbus A380, because the Dubai based mostly service has put in a distinct Enterprise Class product & seat on each plane sorts. Whereas Emirates’ Boeing 777 presents a extremely satisfying onboard expertise, its Enterprise Class product with a 2-3-2 format is taken into account to be inferior to the one supplied on the airline’s Airbus A380 fleet, because the latter options direct aisle entry for all passengers and a well-appointed bar on the higher deck (learn my evaluate of Emirates’ A380 Enterprise Class right here). Nevertheless, the Boeing 777-300ER plane on my flight featured Emirates’ latest Enterprise Class product, which is a superb enchancment over the service’s ‘previous’ B777 Enterprise Class product and which feels extra snug and opulent in comparison with Emirates’ A380 Enterprise Class (sadly although, solely a small variety of Emirates’ B777s is provided with the brand new product).
Have you ever ever flown in Emirates’ Enterprise Class? What was your expertise? Go away a remark under.
- Journey: Brussels (BRU) to Dubai (DXB)
- Airline: Emirates
- Plane kind: Boeing 777-300ER
- Plane registration quantity: A6-EQO
- Flight Quantity: EK184
- Date: February 23, 2022
- On time departure: sure (3 pm)
- On time arrival: sure (12 am)
- Miles: 3200
- Flight time: 6 hours
- Seat: 8K
- Class: Enterprise Class
On this evaluate (extra data & images under my YouTube video):
- Emirates chauffeur service
- Lounge at Brussels Airport
- Enterprise Class cabin
- Enterprise Class seat (+ finest & worst suites)
- Onboard web
- Different inflight experiences (views, crew, toilet)
- My verdict (rating)
1. EMIRATES CHAUFFEUR SERVICE
One of many nice perks about flying Enterprise (or First) Class with Emirates is the complimentary chauffeur-driven airport transfers. The service transfers premium passengers to and from the airport at each ends of their journey. Chauffeur-driven service will be booked on-line (at no prices), as much as 48 hours previous to the flight.
2. LOUNGE AT BRUSSELS AIRPORT
Though Emirates operates among the finest lounges world wide, sadly, it doesn’t have its personal lounge at Brussels Airport. As an alternative, its Enterprise & First Class passengers have entry to the airport’s Diamond Lounge in Terminal B.
Positioned one flooring above the primary airport corridor, the lounge is principally a spacious rectangular room, with floor-to-ceiling-windows on one aspect providing good views of the airport apron. The house is split into two separate seating areas that are centered round a self-service bar & buffet space. The latter presents a good number of meals & snacks, with a number of scorching dishes being supplied along with a small chilly buffet with salad bar & chilly cuts. Belgian beers can be found in bottles and on faucet, together with well-known manufacturers like Stella Artois, Leffe, Hoegaarden and Belle-Vue
Whereas the lounge is respectable, it doesn’t come near the standard of lounges that Emirates operates at choose airports throughout the globe. I can solely hope that someday the Dubai based mostly service will open its personal lounge at Brussels Airport (my house airport).
3. BUSINESS CLASS CABIN
Enterprise Class on Emirates’ Boeing 777-300ER is situated between First and Economic system Class and unfold over two cabins. A entrance Enterprise Class mini-cabin incorporates two rows of 14 seats and feels fairly intimate, whereas a second and bigger aft cabin incorporates 28 Enterprise Class seats unfold over 4 rows. The 2 Enterprise Class cabins are separated by a galley kitchen, the bathrooms and the primary exit doorways.
The Enterprise Class seats on Emirates’ Boeing 777s are organized in a 2-3-2 configuration, which suggests that not everybody has direct aisle entry: passengers within the heart and window seats should scramble over their neighbor’s legs to succeed in the aisle. Nonetheless, this ‘conventional’ format is kind of good if you’re touring with a bunch of mates or household. Compared: Emirates’ A380 plane function a staggered 1-2-1 configuration, which is significantly better for solo vacationers (and which I reviewed right here); additionally, the service is presently within the means of refurbishing its B777-200LR plane (used for its longest B777 routes) with a 2-2-2 format (as an alternative of 2-3-2 throughout).
Emirates’ new B777 Enterprise Class cabin has a extra refined and sleek-looking inside in comparison with the previous B777 cabin. The design and form of the brand new Enterprise Class seat is impressed by a contemporary Mercedes-Benz sports activities automotive, with a diamond sew sample on the total leather-based cowl and ergonomically designed headrest. Actually, is the primary time an Emirates product has been so influenced by one other luxurious model. Aside from this smooth product improve, the B777 Enterprise Class cabin nonetheless retains Emirates’ signature airplane design marked by burled walnut veneer, gold trim and pearlised plastic framing the seats (some could discover it kitsch although).
It’s price mentioning that each one of Emirates B777s (each older and newly delivered plane) function glorious temper lighting, with the colours of the ceiling altering in accordance with the native time. Fairly spectacular are the celebs on the ceiling – referred to as StarLight – which is a technical function distinctive to Emirates; it’s fairly wonderful mendacity down in your mattress at 35,000 toes, opening your eyes and seeing stars.
For a seating plan of Emirates’ Boeing 777-300ER, click on right here.
4. BUSINESS CLASS SEAT (+ BEST & WORST SEATS)
The brand new Emirates B777 Enterprise Class seat is nearly an identical to the airways’ previous B777 Enterprise Class seat: it has a width of 20.5 inch (52 cm) and likewise options touchscreen controls (one pill and one handset) for the seat and inflight leisure system, a number of private lighting choices, privateness panels between seats (so you may flip your seat into somewhat self-contained pod when not touring with a companion), and a shoe stowage space. Nevertheless, there are 6 main variations which makes this product a welcome improve as in comparison with the previous B777 seats:
- The seats are absolutely flat beds (and never angled flat beds) and transfer into a totally flat sleeping place, which is a large enchancment.
- Every seat comes with an ottoman or footrest, coated in smooth white leather-based.
- The brand new seat has a pitch of 72 inches or 183 cm (in comparison with 60 inch or 150 cm of the previous seat), making it extra snug to get out and in of the seat when you’re not seated subsequent to the aisle.
- The seat has a extra glossy look and likewise feels way more snug (I’d even name one of the crucial snug Enterprise Class seats within the skies).
- There’s a private mini-bar within the arm relaxation (much like what you discover on Emirates’ A380s). The bar is on room temperature although (it’s not cooled) and solely incorporates non-alcoholic drinks (e.g. Pepsi, Seven Up, and Perrier).
- The brand new seats function the business’s largest private in-flight leisure (IFE) screens at 23 inches vast, which is significantly bigger than the TVs of the previous seats. As well as, there’s a small storage compartment situated under the display, that incorporates a bottle of water and a bag with socks & eyeshades upon boarding (however that may simply be used to stow away small private objects through the flight).
What are the finest Enterprise Class seats on Emirates’ Boeing 777-300ER? Click on right here for a seat map.
- Seats in row 6: on the entrance of the smaller cabin, these bulkhead seats instantly behind First Class have somewhat additional legroom for maneuvering (and hopping over the aisle passenger if in a window or center seat). As well as, the smaller cabin is quieter and additional away from the noise and bustle of Economic system Class.
- Seats in row 8: on the entrance of the bigger second cabin, these bulkheads once more have somewhat extra legroom. However they’re additionally bassinet crib seats, so enterprise vacationers are barely extra more likely to be moved for a passenger with an toddler.
What are the worst Enterprise Class seats on Emirates’ Boeing 777-300ER? Click on right here for a seat map.
- Seats 7A & 7K: these window seats are lacking a window, so in case you lean again you’re simply a wall.
- Seats in row 11: all the way in which in the back of Enterprise Class and separated from Economic system by solely a skinny wall and curtain, these are proper in entrance of the Economic system Class bassinet crib spots. As well as, these seats additionally lack a window.
- Center seats (designated by the letter ‘E’ on the seat map): these seats are flanked by different seats on either side, so keep away from them if flying alone, and if touring with a companion purpose for the window pairs (A&B or J&Okay) as an alternative.
The next facilities have been supplied through the 6 hour flight from Brussels to Dubai:
- A skinny however snug blanket
- A decently sized pillow
- A cover (offered by the crew through the flight to reinforce the sleeping consolation)
- Emirates-branded noise cancelling headphones (you can’t hold these as they’ll solely be powered inside an plane)
- Flight socks and earplugs
Sadly, no amenity kits nor pajamas are supplied by Emirates on medium-haul flights. The service has phenomenal Enterprise Class amenity kits however solely supplies them on in a single day flights (e.g. Dubai to the Maldives) or on longhaul flights of greater than 8 hours. On a constructive notice, the bathrooms are stocked with toiletries and Bvlgari perfumes (so it’s at all times potential to refresh somewhat).
6. FOOD & BEVERAGES
A lunch was served about two hours after takeoff (lunch service was postponed due to steady turbulence). I select the next choice from the menu:
- Starter: cream of cauliflower soup, served with crimson pepper-spiced parmesan croutons
- Major course: prawn marinated in a standard Emirati spice mix, served on aromatic rice
- Dessert: raspberry and rose water cake, served with raspberry compote
Meals was respectable and positively above common for a Enterprise Class product. The soup was scrumptious and my essential dish (prawn machbous) tasted glorious as nicely. The rose water cake served with raspberry compote was an fascinating however flavorful dessert.
About ninety minutes earlier than touchdown, all Enterprise Class passengers have been served an ice cream (with a selection of vanilla or chocolate taste). Personally, I’d have beloved the addition of one other pre-arrival gentle meal service (particularly as a result of mid-flight snacks weren’t supplied on the menu).
Emirates leisure system, referred to as ICE (data, communications, leisure) is the perfect within the business, albeit a bit overwhelming when you’re utilizing it for the primary time. You could have three choices on find out how to management the system: touching the display (problematic given the seat pitch), utilizing a small wired distant, or utilizing a touch-screen monitor that’s concerning the measurement of a small pill.
ICE has an in depth vary of new-release and traditional movies, tv exhibits, field units and audio choices to select from. You may select from as much as 1,800 channels of the most recent and best films and must-see TV exhibits, on demand and in a number of languages. You too can chill out to music from world wide or play a spread of enjoyable video games. There’s even satellite tv for pc TV on provide (CNN, BBC World, and Sport 24).
My favourite ICE function is the surface digital camera you could entry in your display. Emirates’ B777s are geared up with two cameras: one dealing with ahead and as soon as dealing with straight down (no tail digital camera like on the A380). When not in a window seat, it may be helpful watching the plane take off through the cameras.
8. ONBOARD INTERNET
Emirates presents a number of WiFi plans
- Limitless chat. Hook up with all of your favourite textual content apps for the entire flight
- USD 2.99 ‑ USD 5.99 relying on the size of the flight
- Chat utilizing WhatsApp, iMessage, Fb Messenger, WeChat, Line or Viber with textual content‑solely service
- Wi‑Fi web for the entire flight: $ 9.99 – 19.99 USD relying on the size of the flight
- Straightforward join ‑ out there in chosen areas: $ 9.99 USD for half-hour with no knowledge restrict
Emirates Skywards members can reap the benefits of free Wi‑Fi providers (to verify to enroll in this system earlier than boarding your flight).
- Free limitless chat: use WhatsApp, Messenger and different textual content providers without spending a dime as an Emirates Skywards Blue, Silver or Gold member touring in Enterprise Class or an Emirates Skywards Gold member touring in Economic system Class.
- Free Wi‑Fi web for the entire flight: take pleasure in free Wi‑Fi all through your flight as an Emirates Skywards member touring in First Class or a Platinum member touring in Enterprise Class.
To make use of the free Wi‑Fi providers, you have to add your Emirates Skywards membership quantity to your reserving no less than 24 hours earlier than your flight.
9. OTHER INFLIGHT EXPERIENCES
#CREW: the Emirates crew on this specific flight did are great job: they addressed me by identify at each single event through the flight, offered themselves individually earlier than take-off, thanked me in individual for selecting Emirates, and defined the options of the cabin and seat to all passengers individually. They have been doing all they might to make the flight as satisfying as potential.
# LAVATORY: there are two decently sized bathrooms for Enterprise Class passengers within the galley between the two Enterprise Class cabins. All bathrooms have been saved very clear through the flight.
# VIEWS: we loved some beautiful sundown views through the flight.
10. MY VERDICT
- Cabin design & format: 7/10
- Seat consolation (upright): 8/10
- Seat consolation (mattress place): 8/10
- Meals (high quality): 8/10
- Meals (amount): 8/10
- Inflight leisure : 10/10
- WiFi: 8/10
- Service: 9/10
- General expertise: excellent: 8/10
*** Comply with me on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Fb for a each day second of journey inspiration ***