Wednesday newsletters all the time characteristic a resort or flight overview.
Final September, I used to be imagined to journey to French Polynesia for a vacation of a lifetime. Sadly, because of the ongoing pandemic, that journey was cancelled two weeks previous to departure, so I needed to search for a final minute vacation elsewhere. Ultimately, I select Spain as a journey vacation spot, the place I loved an exquisite time, regardless of some unusually wet and dreadful climate. You’ll be able to learn my journey reviews right here:
At present: Evaluate of Hacienda Na Xamena
Formally opened in 1971, Hacienda Na Xamena was the primary 5-star resort in Ibiza and the bohemian fashion property nonetheless delivers. The resort enjoys a spectacular location within the coronary heart of a preserved pure park, suspended on jagged coastal cliffs 180m (600 ft) above the ocean degree. Nearly all of the 77 rooms and suites have sea views, profiting from the magnificent location, and all of them characteristic a Jacuzzi and classy seated areas. With two swimming swimming pools, there’s infinite house to unwind as you recline on one of many snug and classy sunbeds and gaze on the unimaginable views. The resort’s La Posidonia Spa affords unique therapies and therapies for resort visitors and guests alike. The resort can be house to one of many island’s greatest eating venues – Eden restaurant – the place dishes are ready with the best native and seasonal components according to the resort’s “pure” philosophy.
Hacienda Na Xamena options in my prime 10 record of the perfect luxurious accommodations in Ibiza.
Have you ever ever stayed at Hacienda Na Xamena? In that case, what was your expertise? Depart a remark.
On this overview (extra information and images under my Youtube clip & slideshow):
PROS & THINGS I LIKE
- Hacienda Na Xamena enjoys a tranquil setting on the northern shores of Ibiza, which is completely completely different in comparison with the island’s south aspect. The sleepier north of Ibiza affords vacationers unspoiled nature, a rural countryside, genuine villages and bohemian traditions, whereas the busier south aspect – solely a 30 minute drive away – is known for its frenetic nightlife and 24 hour celebration ambiance. Its coveted location is among the resort’s principal attracts: the property is positioned on the finish of a slim, winding highway that runs via thick pine tree forests and there’s not a lot close by, aside from the picturesque little village of Sant Miquel and its close by seashores. The airport is a 30-minute drive from the property.
- Hacienda Na Xamena enjoys a spectacular location, that leaves visitors with an unimaginable feeling of awe. The property is constructed atop a towering cliff, 180 m (590 ft) above sea degree. Taking full benefit of this unimaginable location, most public resort areas in addition to nearly all of the rooms and suites provide unobstructed and breathtaking views of an impressive cove and the shimmering Mediterranean Sea past. Through the summer time months, the panoramic view from the resort additionally completely frames the sundown on the horizon between the towering cliffsides of the cove. Resulting from its location within the coronary heart of a preserved pure park and its heart-stopping view, the resort is the proper vacation vacation spot for vacationers who search serenity and calm.
- Within the late sixties, Ibiza was very completely different from right now. The native residents lived remoted from the world, with just one ferry to affix the mainland per week. Then, the artists and hippies – searching for an enlightened life-style nearer to nature – grew within the “Jewel of the Balearic islands”. It was throughout this time that Belgian architect Daniel Lipszyc and his spouse fell in love with this genuine and unspoilt model of Ibiza. In 1969 they began the development of a resort. It was a job for an actual pioneer as there have been no roads, water, electrical energy or phone strains on the time. Hacienda Na Xamena formally opened in 1971, and rapidly turned the most luxurious resort on Ibiza, additionally buying its identify and fame via its clientele, photograph shoots, motion pictures, and TV sequence.
- Though Haciende Na Xamena has undergone a number of refurbishments since its opening greater than 50 years in the past, its beautiful design nonetheless exudes an genuine, hippie Ibiza really feel. The property feels extra like a residence than a resort, with a number of light-filled rooms and a stunning conventional tiled Spanish courtyard main down from the reception space to the pool deck, the social coronary heart of the resort. Completely mixing within the blue and inexperienced hues of the encompassing Mediterranean landscapes, the interiors characteristic a mixture of Asian-inspired design components and conventional Ballearic structure. A group of sheep statues within the foyer, Buddha statues within the public areas and colourful murals within the visitor room corridors add a unusual and playful contact to the decor.
- Hacienda Na Xamena options 77 beautiful rooms and suites, most of them coming with sea views. Customary and Superior rooms have scorching tubs, whereas rooms within the Eden class have non-public gardens with a plunge pool. Throughout my vacation, I stayed in a Customary room. The decently sized, all-white room featured a kingsize mattress, daybed, recliner, and in-room bathtub (strategically positioned alongside the window). The small ensuite rest room was geared up with one sink, a walk-in bathe, and a separate bathroom cabin. The main focus of the room was on the exceptional sea views, with floor-to-ceiling home windows bringing the outside in. There was a additionally a small furnished terrace, which was excellent for enjoyable with a e-book whereas taking within the unimaginable vistas.
- Friends can select to spend the day at three swimming pools (two out of doors and one indoor). The principle lagoon-shaped pool is positioned alongside the resort’s brick watch-tower and is sustainably heated by way of photo voltaic panels on the resort’s roof. The pool is lined by palms bushes and surrounded by a number of terraced lounge areas, with sunbeds both going through the pool (and east) or the terrific views (and west). Just a few steps down from the primary pool deck is one other smaller pool for people who favor much more tranquility. The indoor pool is for when it’s somewhat chilly exterior or while you wish to swim targeted, and can be utilized by youngsters (underneath grownup supervision) who wish to make noise with out disturbing the peaceable vibe of the out of doors terrace.
- Hacienda Na Xamena affords three eating venues, all of which serve scrumptious meals.
- A hearty à la carte breakfast is served each morning by the pool at Cascadas Restaurant (8 am to 11 am). All kinds of worldwide and native delicatessens is served, together with heat dishes reminiscent of pancakes and crepes, and all sort of egg preparations.
- Through the day, lunch is served at ‘At The Pool’ Restaurant, which affords a easy and attractive menu with classics reminiscent of avocado salads, hamburgers or membership sandwiches, but additionally lighter vegetarian choices, reminiscent of delicate tapas.
- Eden Restaurant – the resort’s signature eating venue – options a number of terraces with expansive views of the ocean and sundown.
- Hacienda Na Xamena is house to among the finest wellness facilities of Ibiza. Referred to as La Posidonia, the spa affords a big number of physique and face therapies, in addition to regionally impressed rituals aimed toward restoring the stability of forces and energies. A crew of execs will enable you to create your personal private remedy program to loosen up and make you neglect the nerve-racking day by day life whereas providing a world of sensations for thoughts and physique. The spa’s spotlight is the “Cascadas Suspendidas”, a thalassotherapy circuit distinctive within the wellness world. This out of doors remedy advanced consisting of 8 completely different mini-pools, heated at three completely different temperatures, offering excessive strain jet therapeutic massage from head to toes.
CONS & THINGS TO KNOW
- The resort’s distant location atop a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean Sea will attraction to visitors seeking peace and quiet. Nevertheless, the property is faraway from all the things and also you’ll want a automobile (or take a taxi) to discover Ibiza’s seashores, eating places, and sights. The closest city is no less than a 10-minute drive away, and the island’s south aspect – well-known for its celebration scene – is a 30 min journey away.
- Hacienda Na Xamena is an older property: it has been welcoming visitors for the reason that early seventies. Nevertheless, that ought to not deter you from reserving a keep right here because the property has undergone a number of intensive refurbishments since then, and the classic decor exudes an important, considerably bohemian vibe. Nonetheless, there are just a few areas the place the resort is displaying some put on and tear (e.g. the decor of the loos).
- Hacienda Na Xamena is certainly one of Ibiza’s most costly accommodations. In excessive seasons, room charges begin at 500 euros per evening, and it’s restaurant is among the extra expensive eating venues on the island. Nevertheless, IMHO, it’s cash nicely spent because you’re paying for a wonderful location and nice amenities. And it’s nonetheless solely half the speed charged by its solely actual competitor on the island, Six Senses Ibiza (a resort which has many points, as I reviewed right here)
- Location: 9/10
- Design: 8/10
- Pool: 9/10
- Rooms: 8/10
- Meals: 9/10
- Breakfast: 8/10
- Spa: 8/10
- Service: 9/10
- Worth for cash: 8/10
- Total expertise: superb 8.4/10
TIPS FOR FUTURE GUESTS & SAVE MONEY
- Get monetary savings: learn right here my ideas for getting the perfect deal at a luxurious resort like Hacienda Na Xamena (and/or obtain many free perks).
- Learn my ideas for getting ready your journey in time.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
The perfect time to go to Ibiza is throughout the summer time months, from late Could via early October, when temperatures are scorching and the events are even hotter. Anticipate a lot of motion, loads of vacationers, and costly resort charges. Go to late spring or early fall to keep away from the largest crowds and the most popular temperatures.
HOW TO GET THERE
Hacienda Na Xamena is positioned half-hour from the airport. Verify the Wikipedia web page of Ibiza Airport for an up to date record of airways that provide direct flights to Ibiza.
Beneath is a choice of my images of Hacienda Na Xamena. To view extra resort images (together with meals), click on right here.
*** Comply with me on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter or Fb for a day by day second of journey inspiration ***