Wednesday newsletters all the time characteristic a resort or flight assessment.
Final November, I loved a superb vacation in Namibia. You may learn my journey reviews right here:
At this time: Assessment of Zannier Lodges Omaanda (Namibia)
Zannier Lodges Omaanda is a boutique lodge set within the coronary heart of the Zannier Reserve, a 22,000-acre wildlife conservancy situated half an hour from Windhoek. A seamless sense of place resonates on the property via conventional Owambo structure and elevated views stretching throughout soul-stirring savannas to the distant Khomas Hochland plateau. Lodging consists of 10 particular person thatch and clay huts, every with their very own sunken bathtub and panoramic terrace. Rest on the lodge is balanced by adventures via Omaanda’s partnership with N/a’an ku sê, a basis devoted to the conservancy of Namibia’s wildlife, land and cultures. Breakfast with meerkats at dawn; observe a rhino or a herd of elephants going for a swim; spy a leopard climbing a Jackleberry tree or just expertise the nocturnal great thing about the savanna – all with your individual personal information.
Zannier Lodges Omaanda options in my high 10 record of the perfect inns in Namibia.
Have you ever ever stayed at Zannier Lodges Omaanda? In that case, what was your expertise? Depart a remark.
On this assessment (extra information and images beneath my YouTube video):
PROS & THINGS I LIKE
- Zannier Lodges Omaanda is a soberly luxurious, but utterly distinctive safari lodge providing friends an exquisitely peaceable safari sojourn only a stone’s throw away from Namibia’s capital metropolis Windhoek and its major airport, Hosea Kutako Worldwide Airport. Attributable to its shut proximity to Windhoek (a forty five min drive) and the small airport (a 30 min drive), the lodge is the proper beginning or finish level for any vacation in Namibia, a comfort which is additional enhanced by complimentary airport transfers. However though the capital and the airport are close by, the gorgeous setting of the lodge couldn’t really feel wilder and extra pure with no signal of civilization in sight. The lodge is fully surrounded by expansive bush plains stretching out to distant mountains, all framed underneath extraordinary skies.
- The story of Zannier Lodges Omaanda, which opened in summer season 2018, might be learn like a chapter in an guide of epic journeys. It’s the story of an encounter between Arnaud Zannier, the founder and CEO of Zannier Lodges, and Angelina Jolie, an internationally well-known artist beloved for her engagement in addition to her performing expertise. When Jolie stayed at Zannier Lodges Phum Baitang (which I reviewed right here), she was blown away and recounted to its creator the existence of a parcel of land on the market – greater than 10,000 km away – mendacity in a wonderful pure setting that needs to be preserved and cherished in the identical means that had been accomplished within the Cambodian resort. When Arnaud noticed the property, it was a real coup de coeur: he acquired the land and constructed its first property within the nation.
- Zannier Lodges Omaanda is rather more than an exquisite lodge. It’s a huge conservation mission that includes a 9000-hectare pure reserve, privately owned and managed by a neighborhood conservancy NGO, offering a secure haven and second probability for numerous injured, orphaned and battle animals. The Zannier Reserve by N/A’an ku sê, inside which the lodge is situated, was purchased by the Zannier household in 2016. In collaboration with the N/a’an Ku Se Sanctuary subsequent door, the big reserve harbors a gloriously wealthy fauna and flora, and strives to protect & reintroduce native endangered species. There’s even a hospital for injured or deserted rhinoceroses and elephants, funded by Angelina Jolie, which goals to boost consciousness and to teach the planet on the necessity to assist and to protect the wild world.
- Overlooking the boundless savannah, Zannier Lodges Omaanda presents ten snug spherical huts (together with two household huts with bedrooms). With clay partitions and thatched roofs, the design of the huts pays tribute to the standard structure of Owambo. All huts supply a toilet with separate rest room, stroll in bathe, double sink and a big bathtub with a view. The bed room has a king-size mattress (twin mattress configuration is feasible as effectively), a walk-in dressing room, and an open fireplace place. Each hut additionally has a flat display tv, free WiFi, an built-in sound system, a secure, a minibar, and is supplied with an A/C system. All huts have a big personal terrace, from the place friends can benefit from the excellent views stretching to the distant mountains and spot the occasional wildlife passing by.
- In an echo of Namibian traditions, Zannier Lodges Omaanda has been constructed within the format of a rural village, with the ten huts centered round a major pavilion. Surrounded by a picket fence known as the ‘kraal’, this semi open air pavilion is the beating coronary heart of the property, the place friends can come collectively to socialize and calm down. Amenities embrace a concierge desk, a shaded lounge with a number of sitting areas, a restaurant with each indoor and outside seating out there. Each the lounge and eating areas overlook a heated infinity pool, with a fireplace pit at one finish and a beautiful bar on the different. Lined by a row of luxurious sunbeds, the pool overlooks a waterhole. An intimate spa made up of two double rooms and offering a number of totally different therapies full the camp amenities, providing friends the chance to calm down throughout the day in a chilled ambiance.
- Mixing into its pure environment, Zannier Lodges Omaanda incorporates a lovely, rutic design which ehances the lodge’s traditional safari-style really feel. The predominance of curves, straight and pure strains, the omnipresence of various shapes of wooden, the nice and cozy shade schemes evoking earth and nature all give the property a very welcoming and enjoyable ambiance. Impressed by the traditions of the Owambo tribe, your complete website was created with a profound sense of respect for ancestral architectural methods. For instance, the rounded partitions of the pavilions have been constructed utilizing pure clay protecting a primary sandbag construction, and every pavilion is roofed with a roof of hand completed thatch. The ornament of the lodg’s public areas in addition to stand-alone suites consists of vintage items coming from Namibia or neighboring international locations.
- Open completely to friends, Zannier Lodges Omaanda’s sole restaurant – Ambo Delights – serves scrumptious delicacies impressed by the perfect native merchandise. Set in a welcoming decor, the large open fireplace with dwell cooking provides a specific appeal to the ambiance. Within the morning, a fantastically offered ‘à la carte’ breakfast is obtainable. From contemporary juices and fruit, heat baked breads with jam, granola and well being bowls, pancakes and waffles to savory dishes similar to eggs, bacon, sausages, greens and charcuterie, a wide array is on the market. Lunch is made up of mezze-style sharing plates and copious salads. Each night, a refined 4-course menu is obtainable, together with an amuse bouche, meat, fish and vegetarian dishes. Providing a culinary discovery of Namibia, the delicacies is ready from seasonal and – the place doable – natural substances. A particular centered is positioned on native meat, which is exceptionally tender and lean.
- A spotlight at Zannier Lodges Omaanda are the safari drives throughout the lodge’s pristine and personal 9,600-hectare reserve. All excursions are carried out in state-of-the-art Land Cruisers, every accommodating a most of six friends. Throughout the conservation drive, you may see quite a lot of wildlife, together with rhinos, elephants, girafes, cheetahs, ostriches, black-backed jackals, warthogs, varied antelopes (kudu, pink hartebeest, steenbok, waterbuck, oryx, springbok), and lots of forms of birds. Lions, leopards, and even some wild canines additionally dwell within the reserve however are more durable to identify. Early drives at dawn are superb to watch the Namibian plains waking up, whereas night drives reveal the elusive great thing about the nocturnal savannah. For all-inclusive bookings, non-private safaris are supplied twice-daily giving the opportunity of discovering the savannah at dawn or sundown and observing the wild life and flora.
- Omaanda is managed by Zannier Lodges, a luxurious resort group owned by Arnaud Zannier, a Belgian-French enterprise man who spent over 20 years within the style business previous to launching Zannier Lodges. Arnaud Zannier’s hospitality imaginative and prescient and philosophy relies on Leonardo da Vinci’s well-known quote “Simplicity is the last word sophistication”. The important thing precept behind each mission of the resort group is devotion to simplicity and authenticity. Zannier Lodges presently manages properties in Cambodia, Namibia, Vietnam, and France. The Zannier model can also be engaged on the opening of two inns on Mexico’s Pacific coast, a vacation spot resort in Menorca, residential villas to launch underneath Zannier Residences, and a curated portfolio of the world’s most exceptional Non-public Estates for short-term and long-term rental. Launching Zannier Lodges within the US can also be on the horizon.
- A keep at Zannier Lodges Omaanda might be simply mixed with a keep at its sister property, Zannier Lodges Sonop (which I reviewed right here). Constructed on high of granite boulders, the tented camp enjoys a distant and unspoilt setting in 13,800 acres (5,600 hectares) of untouched wilderness. Each object and vintage within the lodge’s ten spacious tents are fastidiously chosen – binoculars and maps, vacationers’ tales, telescopes, vintage desks and handmade stationary – to recall the 1920’s period of British explorers. Guided excursions embrace horse-riding from our personal stables, personal eating atop of the sand dunes, electrical fat-bike or strolling trails, and personal sundown safaris. The magic continues after darkish with a nightly gala-style dinner, open-air cinema and stargazing underneath the limitless African skies. There are day by day transfers on demand from Sonop to Omaanda and vice versa.
CONS & THINGS TO KNOW
- Whereas Zannier Lodges Omaanda presents nice recreation viewing inside its personal reserve, it can’t (but) match the expertise of a recreation drive in Namibia’s Etosha Nationwide Park (the place there’s an abundance of animals). For instance, there are only a handful of elephants and lions current within the reserve (however should you’re fortunate, you’ll spot all of them). The purpose of the conservation mission is to launch animals which have been rehabilitated within the N/a’an ku sê Wildlife Sanctuary into the wild habitat that the Zannier reserve can supply (so the variety of animals will develop additional time).
- Location: 9/10
- Design: 8/10
- Pool: 9/10
- Rooms: 9/10
- Meals: 9/10
- Breakfast: 9/10
- Spa: 8/10
- Service: 9/10
- Worth for cash: 9/10
- Total expertise: superb 8.8/10
TIPS FOR FUTURE GUESTS & SAVE MONEY
- Lower your expenses: learn right here my suggestions for getting the perfect deal at a luxurious resort like Zannier Lodges Omaanda (and/or obtain many free perks).
- Learn my suggestions for getting ready your journey in time.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
The very best time to go to Namibia is from July to October, when the temperatures are comfortably heat throughout the day and the prospect of rain is low. That is additionally the perfect time for outside actions and wildlife viewing, making it peak journey season. Between December and March, some days shall be humid and rain might observe, typically in localized, afternoon thunderstorms.
HOW TO GET THERE
Zannier Lodges Omaanda is a 30 min drive from Namibia’s major getaway, Hosea Kutako Worldwide Airport. Complimentary airport transfers are supplied.
Beneath is a collection of my images of Zannier Lodges Omaanda. To view extra resort images (together with meals), click on right here.
*** Observe me on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter or Fb for a day by day second of journey inspiration ***